My Library » News
Napier Libraries open at Alert Level 2
The Napier Libraries team have been working hard planning their service for when the libraries open at Alert Level 2. Both branches will be open from Wednesday, September 8th. Here are a few key points and ways you can help make your visit quick, easy and safe.
- When reopening the library to public at Alert Level 2, both our community and library team’s safety is paramount.
- Napier Library will be closed on Sundays throughout Alert Level 2. Taradale library will operate normal opening hours, seven days a week.
- No more than 50 people will be allowed in the library at any one time.
- Everyone entering the library must sign in, either by scanning the QR code or using a manual sign-in option. We will be following all contact tracing guidelines set out by the government.
- Mask wearing is mandatory throughout your library visit.
- Return items in the slots outside Napier and Taradale Libraries; no returns inside the libraries please. The return bins at Pak N Save Napier, Pak N Save Tamatea, and 4 Square Taradale will remain closed.
- Download the Napier Libraries ‘Spydus Mobile’ app onto your phone using your library card number and password. You can use it to issue your books without even going to the self-service machine.
- No rush to return your items. We have extended your due dates by two weeks.
- Continue making the most of our e-resources. Find out more about what's on offer on our Digital Content page.
- If you have been ill during the past couple of weeks, keep your items at home. No hurry to return, there will be no late fees during Level 2.
- No programmes or activities will be held at the library during Alert Level 2, but we have some great online activities planned. Make sure you follow Napier Libraries on Facebook so you don't miss out.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
7 September 2021