Napier Libraries aim to provide safe and welcoming community spaces, where the informational, recreational and educational needs of everyone are met with free and personalised service.
Napier and Taradale Libraries are open at Alert Level 2 from Wednesday, September 8th, but with changes to our service. Our Napier-MTG branch will be closed on Sundays until further notice. Taradale Library is open seven days a week, as usual.
Safety for our community and teams is paramount and we will be following strict guidelines as set out by the government. Key points when visiting are:
- Ensure you scan in using the QR code, this will speed up entry to the library for all.
- A manual sign-in option will also be provided.
- Only 50 people maximum are allowed in the building at any time.
- Mask wearing is mandatory throughout your library visit.
- No rush to return your items. We have extended your due dates by two weeks.
- Only return items to the external return slots outside Napier and Taradale libraries. The return bins at Pak N Save Napier, Pak N Save Tamatea, and 4 Square Taradale will remain closed.
- We encourage you to reserve items using our online catalogue. We’ll notify you when your items are available for pick-up. To reserve items, you'll need your library card and your password. Forgot your password? Reset it here.
- Use our ‘Spydus Mobile’ app so you can issue your books without even going to the self-service machine. Download the app here.
- There will be no fines during this period.
In these unique times we are continuing to try to offer a library service in any way we can. One of our team is responding to phone messages left on 834 4180. Please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We will also continue to respond to your email enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org.