We've been on a remarkable journey of discovery to find out what your libraries of the future looks like.
Thank you for your feedback on our draft Library Strategy!
Now the feedback on the Library Strategy is completed and we have considered the responses, we will be seeking its adoption by council and then we can progress with planning and developing a new city centre library for our community.
The steps will be:
- Develop and recommend a process for site selection including assessment criteria, with reference to the Civic Building business case and subsequent Statement of Proposal and Council’s Long Term Plan (2018-28).
- Ensure the objectives and requirements within the Library Strategy are the key component of the assessment criteria for site selection.
- Undertake engagement with key stakeholders during the process prior to full consultation.
- Complete the site options analysis and make recommendations to Council.
- Seek feedback from key stakeholders and the community on the site selection.
- Build our new purpose built city centre library.
Our draft strategic plan had some key focus areas that we asked for your feedback on:
- Enabling access
- Space for all
- Knowledge advocacy - such as supporting lifelong learning, literacy and reading
- Community collaborators - delivering outreach programmes and using our expertise to bring benefits to areas of our community that need it most.
- Sustainable futures
The Library Strategy reflects where a library service can be a positive part of our communities’ lives today and in the future.
For more information about the library and the development of the strategy please refer to these FAQs.
Thank you for joining our journey of discovery!