We've been on a remarkable journey of discovery to find out what your libraries of the future looks like.
You’ve shared your thoughts on why you love your library, what you don’t like and given us ideas of your ideal library of the future.
We’ve come up with a strategic plan with some key focus areas and we’d like you to tell us what you think.
We found from our many conversations that our focus needs to be:
- Enabling access
- Space for all
- Knowledge advocacy - such as supporting lifelong learning, literacy and reading
- Community collaborators - delivering outreach programmes and using our expertise to bring benefits to areas of our community that need it most.
- Sustainable futures
The Library Strategy reflects where a library service can be a positive part of our communities’ lives today and in the future.
Tell Us Your Thoughts
Getting community feedback on the strategy is an important step. There are a number of ways you can give us your feedback before 14 November 2018:
1. View our proposed plan and complete your feedback online
2. Pop in to Napier or Taradale Library to view our plan and pick up a form, jot your thoughts down and return to us;
• At your nearest Napier Library
• NCC Customer Service Centre, 215 Hastings Street, Napier
• Mail to: Freepost 172273, Napier City Council, Community Services, Private Bag 6010, Napier 4142.
Once feedback on the Library Strategy is complete, we will be seeking its adoption by council and will then progress with planning and developing a new city centre library for our community. There will be ongoing public consultation throughout that process.
For more information about the library and the development of the strategy please refer to these FAQs.
Thank you for joining our journey of discovery!