My Library » News
Operating under Alert Level 2
The team at Napier Libraries have been working hard planning their service for when the library opens at Alert Level 2. Here are a few key points and ways you can help make your visit quick, easy and safe.
- When reopening the library to the public at Alert Level 2 both our community and library teams safety is paramount. To help enable this there needs to be defined work bubbles that only work in one library. Due to this, Napier Library will be closed on the weekends.
- Taradale library will operate normal opening hours, seven days a week.
- We will be following strict guidelines in which everyone who enters the library will need to sign in, a simple scan of your library card or app, as we will be following all contact tracing guidelines set out by the government.
- Return items in the slots outside Napier and Taradale Libraries, no returns inside the libraries please.
- Download Napier Libraries ‘Spydus Mobile’ app onto your phone using your library card number and password. You can also issue your books without even going to the self-service machine. Visit their website for information on how to install this app.
- Make sure you have your library card ready to scan when you get to the library door. The team can also scan your barcode using the Spydus Mobile app too.
- Reserve, reserve, reserve. All your reserves will be ready to collect, head to the shelf where they’ve been conveniently issued for you. You will receive a message advising that your reserve has been held until until Alert Level 2. The date will be extended for two weeks after reopening.
- Three month lending dates will apply to all items including Bestsellers and DVDs.
- Continue using eBooks and eAudio so the team can attend to those in the community who have no online access.
- If you have been ill during the past couple of weeks, keep your items at home. No hurry to return, there will be no late fees
- No library programmes will be running during Alert Level 2, but please visit their website to learn about the Virtual Book Club group.
- The Free Digital Classes are resuming, with reduced numbers per class.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us by email or phone 834 4180. You can contact Napier Libraries by email (email@example.com) or phone 834 4180. A range of information can be found on their website: www.napierlibrary.co.nz
15 May 2020