Libraries Membership Policy
A member can be any person or organisation residing in the district of Hawke’s Bay who accepts the Libraries’ conditions of membership.
Membership is obtained by completing the online membership and confirming identity by presenting one form of ID with a signature (preferably photo ID e.g. drivers licence). By clicking the “I Accept” icon on the online form, the member agrees to abide by the Conditions listed on the application.
Conditions of membership
· Items can be borrowed from and returned to either Napier or Taradale libraries
· Items may be renewed in either library or online
· Extended Loan Charges may apply to items returned after the due date
· Notices are a courtesy reminder about our service for your convenience
· See our website for information about our service
You are responsible for items you have borrowed. If items are lost or damaged, a charge may be incurred. Please contact us so we can assist if you do damage or lose an item. For a breakdown of current fees and charges please see our website
We ask that you contact us or update your details online if you lose your card, change your name or your contact details.
A membership card and password enables issuing, use of the self-service machines and Library app, checking library records, placing requests/reserves, accessing library services, and management of membership. Another form of valid ID may be requested in the absence of a Library Card.
Adult Residential Membership: (AR)
Adult membership (16 years and over).
Children under 16 years of age joined as a member by their parent/guardian and can borrow items from the children’s, teens and adult sections of the library. (JNY) At the request of the parent/guardian, the child can be restricted to borrowing from the children’s area only. (JNN)
Utilities Membership (U):
For teachers affiliated with a school, kindergarten or childcare centre, or a home-schooling family in the District of Hawke’s Bay. :
· An eight week loan period,
· Items borrowed are for class use only.
Home Services (HS):
A delivery service for those who cannot physically visit the library. Eligibility includes people living in the Napier area, and who are confined at home due to age, permanent or temporary disability or illness. Each case will be assessed on a case by case basis.
· Items are loaned for 48 days
· All other charges are the same as for an Adult member
· Napier Libraries has the right to terminate this service.