This course will cover key requirements of core legislation that govern the employment relationship. Anyone who employs staff needs to have a sound understanding of the rights and responsibilities involved in the employment relations area.
- Employment Relations Act 2000
- What is an employment relationship?
- Good faith
- Types of employment agreements
-- Collective bargaining
- Union rights and obligations
- Employment Relationship Problems
- Holidays Act 2003
- Types of leave entitlements
- Summary of calculation formulas„
- Enforcement and penalties
- Human Rights Act 1993
- Prohibited grounds of discrimination
- Best practice and avoiding claims
- Privacy Act 1993
- General obligations
- Gathering and holding information for employment purposes
- Minimum Wage Act 1983
- Minimum Rates
- Wages Protection Act 1983
- Over payments
- KiwiSaver Act 2006
- Contribution obligations for employers and employees
Your Learning Outcomes:
Afterwards, you'll be able to;
Increase understanding of core legal responsibilities in the employment relations area.
An awareness of various rights and entitlements under the legislation.
Improve decision making by ensuring there is a sound understanding of obligations.
Reduce the risk of challenges for non-compliance with legislative requirements.
Identification of risk areas in applying the legislation and possible solutions.
Practical application of the legislation to common employment situations.
Includes workbook, arrival tea or coffee, Morning tea, Lunch and Afternoon tea.
To find out more contact - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday 11 August, 9:00am to 4:00pm
Restrictions: All Ages
Member Price (plus gst) $449.00
Non-Member Price (plus gst) $649.00
Encyclopaedia Britannica Online
This is a fantastic encyclopaedia and multimedia resource for students of all ages. The award winning trusted content is updated daily and information is presented for different age and learning levels. A more user-friendly interface provides better organized and richer results. This includes interactive learning, images, videos and other great features such as country comparisons.
» read more
Quick search for books, DVDs, CDs, Magazines etc. Napier Libraries have a large collection at our Taradale and Napier libraries.