Dealing with difficult people and situations.
Transform conflict and difficult situations with co-workers/customers into opportunities by equipping your staff with the skills and techniques required to manage these situations with confidence, professionalism, and pride.
Learn ways to resolve conflict with customers and co-workers, influence successful outcomes and develop a peaceful workplace.
We have all experienced the stress that comes from having unresolved conflicts with our customers and co-workers. Conflicts that are ignored or resolved poorly don’t go away, they cause people to feel resentful and to avoid each other. The effects on the business are a loss of productivity, turnover, and absenteeism. Wherever two or more people come together, there is bound to be conflict.
This workshop will give participants a six-step process that they can use and modify to resolve conflicts of any size. Participants will also learn crucial conflict resolution skills, including dealing with anger and using the Agreement Frame.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Transform conflict into opportunity
- Develop constructive strategies for dealing with difficult behaviour
- Develop communication skills to diffuse the situation
- Increase confidence and assertiveness in dealing with difficult behaviour
- Manage your emotions and deal with stress
- Understand the power of words and how to use them to your advantage
- What are the behaviours that we find difficult to deal with?
- Develop an understanding of how flight or fight reactions prompt difficult behaviour
- Controlling your reactions and choosing how you respond
- Strategies for staying calm and keeping your cool when dealing with difficult behaviour
- How attitudes play a part - What’s it like being on the receiving end of me? How do I come across?
- Dealing with the situation/problem, not the individual
- Dealing with anger, your own and others - Be able to use basic anger management techniques
- Developing communication skills, such as the agreement frame, active listening and open questions
- Applying techniques to deal with difficult behaviour
- Understand what conflict and conflict resolution mean
- Understand all six phases of the conflict resolution process
- Understand the 5 main styles of conflict resolution and be able to adapt the process for all types of conflicts
- Speak up assertively and confidently when dealing with difficult behaviour
To book: email email@example.com or call 06 354 5555
Phone: 06 354 5555
Tuesday 22 September, 8:30am to 5:00pm
Restrictions: All AgesBuy Tickets »
Phone: 06 354 5555
Encyclopaedia Britannica Online
This is a fantastic encyclopaedia and multimedia resource for students of all ages. The award winning trusted content is updated daily and information is presented for different age and learning levels. A more user-friendly interface provides better organized and richer results. This includes interactive learning, images, videos and other great features such as country comparisons.
» read more
Quick search for books, DVDs, CDs, Magazines etc. Napier Libraries have a large collection at our Taradale and Napier libraries.
Comprising a Museum, Theatre and Gallery - MTG is home to a significant collection of objects that form the foundation of distinctive exhibitions, a world-class research facility and the MTG Theatre.
View website for MTG Hawke's Bay
Situated in the centre of Napier, in the middle of Onekawa Park, the Napier Aquatic Centre is a safe and affordable aquatic facility for everyone.
View website for Napier Aquatic Centre
We offer an all purpose built venue that uniquely combines spectacular outlooks with functional layout.
View website for Napier Conference Centre
For Napier City residents and citizens to have easy access to see what council are currently working on, completed, what they do, facilities, and council information.
View website for Napier City Council
Located in the Art Deco city of Napier. We have worked closely with our builders to promote and develop high quality housing within an open-aspect environment.
View website for Parklands Residential Estate
Come to Par2 MiniGolf and meet Seamore the Seagull at our sea-side minigolf courses. Challenge your friends and family for a round.
View website for Par2 MiniGolf
We are Hawkes Bay's premier holiday accommodation park providing an array of facilities to keep the entire family entertained.
View website for Kennedy Park Resort Napier
Unique Art Deco heritage has been preserved with the skilful addition of modern theatre facilities making it the best provincial performing arts centre in the nation.
View website for Napier Municipal Theatre
Visit the Napier i-SITE to find out more about what is happening in Hawkes Bay, from events, activities and accommodation.
View website for Napier i-SITE Visitor Centre
Nowhere else in New Zealand will you discover a wider range of marine animals and native species in a single facility than at the National Aquarium of New Zealand.
View website for National Aquarium of New Zealand
Located on Marine Parade, Napier, is the Bay Skate Park - home to skateboarding, BMX, roller derby, inline hockey and scootering.
View website for Bay Skate
The Faraday Centre in Napier, is Hawke's Bay's Museum of Technology. It's a place of discovery where history comes alive through hands on experience.
View website for The Faraday Centre
If you have any questions, problems or feedback for Napier Libraries please let us know about it.